Our curriculum in years 7-11
Willenhall E-ACT Academy provides a broad and balanced curriculum for all students so that they can fully develop their talents. We place a strong emphasis on the core subjects of English, maths and science. At the same time we recognise that every child should be given the opportunity to explore their interest in humanities, languages, the arts and sport.
Our curriculum aims to :
- Be broad to enable all students to develop personal qualities, knowledge and a range of skills relevant to the real world.
- Promote practical capability, technical and vocational skills.
- Develop students spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness.
- Be interesting, enjoyable and pupil-centred.
Key Stage 3
Our year Key Stage 3 programme features a range of subjects including: English, maths, science, art & design, dance, drama, French, geography, history, ICT, music, physical education, philosophy & ethics, L4L and technology. Literacies for Life (L4L) is a new course for our students. It is skill based to develop the learning skills required for academic success as we go through the academy.
Key Stage 4
Our Key Stage 4 curriculum is appropriate to individual students and has a balance between academic and vocational courses. Towards the end of Year 9, following a structured program of careers guidance students will select the subjects they would like to continue to study at Key stage 4.
Our Key Stage 4 program includes a range of subjects including:
- Compulsory Subjects: English, maths, science, philosophy & ethics, ICT, physical education/dance
- Optional Subjects: art & design, citizenship, computing, drama, geography, health & social care, history, languages, music, photography, sociology and technology.