Our curriculum in years 7-11
Willenhall E-ACT Academy provides a broad and balanced curriculum for all students so that they can fully develop their talents. We place a strong emphasis on the core subjects of English, maths and science. There is an emphasis on the core subjects to ensure that they can be successful across all subjects, but this does not detract from the richness and breadth available in Humanities, Languages, Sport and the arts.
Our curriculum aims to :
- Be broad to enable all students to develop personal qualities, knowledge and a range of skills relevant to the real world.
- Promote practical capability, technical and vocational skills.
- Develop students spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness.
- Be interesting, enjoyable and pupil-centred.
Key Stage 3
Our three-year Key Stage 3 programme features a range of subjects including: English, maths, science, art & design, drama, French, geography, history, ICT, music, physical education, philosophy & ethics and technology.
Key Stage 4
Our Key Stage 4 curriculum is appropriate to individual students and has a balance between academic and vocational courses. Towards the end of Year 9, following a structured program of careers guidance students will select the subjects they would like to continue to study at Key stage 4.
Our Key Stage 4 program includes a range of subjects including:
- Compulsory Subjects: English, maths, science, physical education and a Humanities subject
- Optional Subjects: art & design, citizenship, psychology, computing, drama, geography, health & social care, religious education, history, languages, music, photography, sociology and technology.