Supporting our SEND students
The new Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) code of practice has transformed the way educational providers manage provision for their students.
This new vision is based on:
- High expectations and aspirations for what every student can achieve
- A ‘family-centred’ approach to planning for success
- Early identification of need
- High-quality teaching and wave one interventions that support the child in their learning environment
- Excellent outcomes for every SEND student
Our SEND team provide specialist help for students with additional needs including specific learning difficulties and social, emotional and mental health barriers.
When a student is identified as needing extra help we involve parents and carers, and regularly review our support plans, risk assessments and ISP’s. The faculty has strong links with our regional team leader for SEND and external agencies who offer specialist support and advice.
Key Documents and Links